Whether as a bidder or as the target company, a takeover involves a highly complicated process, often with considerable values at stake and where the commercial goals must interact closely with the legal aspects. In such a situation, it is crucial for you to team up with legal advisers who have not only the legal expertise, but also experience, commercial understanding, and the confidence of the other parties to the transaction.
We have been involved as advisers to buyers or sellers in most takeovers in Denmark for the past decade, and the depth of the legal resources we bring to the table is unrivalled. Our advice is based on an innate understanding of the commercial and human processes that are involved in any takeover.
At the start of each transaction we establish a core group of partners and lawyers who follow you from process start to finish, and bring in other legal specialists if required. At the same time, we work in close cooperation with financial advisers, accountants, communications consultants and others to achieve the best possible results.
Our advice includes:
- Negotiations in connection with the submission of takeover bids
- Defence advice to boards of target companies
- Drafting of offer documents and interaction with the authorities
- Communication with shareholders and the public
- Due diligence investigations
- Preparation of takeover manuals
- Delisting of companies
- Transaction financing