Corporate Governance is an umbrella term covering a range of actions and initiatives that form part of the "good corporate governance" of companies, funds and foundations. Recent years have seen an increasing focus on Corporate Governance. This calls for active consideration of how the principles can be put into practice.
Our Commercial and Company Law group advises on issues and internal rules for Corporate Governance regulation, as well as the practical consequences for the parties involved. Many of our lawyers have extensive practical experience in board work, including the Chairman of Kromann Reumert's Board of Directors Marianne Philip
, who holds multiple directorships in leading Danish companies and is Deputy Chairman of the Danish Committee on Corporate Governance.
Our practical experience and specialist knowledge mean that we can help clients take an active position on the corporate governance rules and principles and implement these in the most optimal way.
We regularly advise on:
- The Danish recommendations on corporate governance, including preparation and implementation of guidelines for board composition and evaluation, and other issues
- The relationship between directors and executive management and the company, its owners and other stakeholders
- The rights and obligations of directors and executive management in connection with disposals or acquisitions
- The risk of liability for directors and executive management etc.
- Servicecontracts and incentive programmes for directors and executive management