Do you need long-term legal advice on personal financial affairs? Do you want to protect a family-owned business, or have there been changes in personal matters, such as marriage, divorce, loss of a family member, or moving abroad that require professional advice?
Kromann Reumert's Private Clients group offers highly specialised advice in private law matters. Among our clients are Danish and foreign business owners, and wealthy private individuals, professional foundations and various charitable organisations and institutions.
We will find the best solutions to complicated issues in cooperation with Kromann Reumert's expert advisers in tax law, company law, real estate and finance law.
We offer advice on a range of matters - including wealth protection, pensions, wills, succession and inheritance, gifts, trusts and foundations.
Our legal advice includes the following:
- Asset and wealth structure
- Succession planning
- Private international law issues
- Family law issues (financial)
- Succession law and estate planning
- Trusts and foundations
- Legal matters involving minors and incapable parties
Before, during and after a marriage there are different financial aspects to contemplate - not least when significant assets or businesses are involved.
Increased globalisation is also resulting in more "cross-border marriages" which can significantly complicate legal rights and entitlements.
Kromann Reumert's Private Clients group advises on all legal aspects of matrimonial property. Our extensive international network enables us to smoothly address the legal challenges encountered by our clients where marriages involve multiple jurisdictions.
Choosing the right asset structure and properly formalising agreements and transactions can be crucial. The Private Clients group advises on:
Before and during marriage
- Choice of asset structure
- Pension rights
- Pre- and postnuptial agreements
- Gifts between spouses
- Loans between cohabitants and spouses
- Cohabitation and co-ownership agreements
- Moving to and from abroad
Legal separation and divorce
- Jurisdiction and governing law
- Maintenance payments
- Compensation despite pre- or postnuptial agreements on separate property
- Division of community property
- Valuation issues - for example as regards a business
- Deductions for deferred tax
- Unequal division of community property in short marriages