Jens works primarily with financial regulation, mergers and acquisitions (M&A), corporate law and capital markets, and energy. Jens became a partner in 2006.
Jens advises a multitude of Danish and foreign financial institutions on financial regulation, offering representation vis-à-vis the authorities and advice on M&A, restructuring, capital requirements, shareholder matters, and corporate governance.
Jens represents a number of industrial companies – both Danish and foreign – providing advice on M&A, restructurings, capital and shareholder questions, corporate governance, and other legal issues. Jens also advises commercial foundations.
Jens heads our financial sector group and our corporate and foundation/trust group. Along with highly professional advice, Jens focuses on finding pragmatic solutions tailored to clients' business needs and objectives.
Legal 500 2019
Kromann Reumert's department is 'very knowledgeable on all aspects of the insurance industry' and provides 'the highest quality advice' across regulatory and contentious issues. M&A and regulatory expert Jens Steen Hensen provides 'excellent corporate and commercial advice' and advised Echelon Financial Holdings on its sale of Qudos Insurance.
Legal 500 2019
Commercial, Corporate & M&A
M&A powerhouse Kromann Reumert works across a broad range of sectors on its deals with recent highlights including Jens Steen Jensen handling Danica Pension's acquisition of SEB's pension operations in Denmark.
Legal 500 2017
Kromann Reumert handles a broad range of matters, including pensions, life and non-life insurance. The team includes M&A partner Jens Steen Jensen.
Legal 500 2017
Kromann Reumert’s ‘top’ team has notable financing experience. The team includes Jens Steen Jensen.
Legal 500 2015
Mergers and Acquisitions
Jens Steen Jensen acted for Danica Pension on its DKK400m purchase of shares in Unifeeder from Nordic Capital.
Legal 500 2015
On the transactional side, Jens Steen Jensen recently assisted Danica Pension with the DKK400m purchase of shares in Unifeeder.
Chambers Global 2015
Jens Steen Jensen has been particularly active with regard to M&A in the pharmaceutical and biotechnical sectors of late.
Chambers Global 2014
According to sources, Jens Steen Jensen is "organised and systematic in his approach, with an ability to keep the big picture in view."
Legal 500 2014
Jens Rostock-Jensen and the ‘competent, focused’ Jens Steen Jensen lead Kromann Reumert’s ‘responsive, knowledgeable and pragmatic’. Highlights included advising CNP Assurances on transferring two Shell company pension funds to its Danish branch.
Legal 500 2013
Kromann Reumert’s lawyers are ‘easy to reach, respond immediately and charge a fair rate’. Jens Steen Jensen advised Gjensidige Forsikring on its purchase of Byggeriets Forsikringsservice from Byggeriets Service.
- Member of the Danish Corporate Law Association
- Member of the Danish Association for Banking and Finance Law
- Member of the International Bar Association
- Member of the Legal Expert Panel of the Confederation of Danish Industry
- Former chairman and member of the board of law district 1 (2013-2019, Copenhagen)
- Former member of the Danish Bar and Law Society's panel of experts on corporate law, succession and M&A
- Lecturer at CBS Executive/University of Copenhagen on the work of board members in financial undertakings
- Lecturer at CBS Executive/University of Copenhagen (board member training programme)
- Lecturer at CBS Executive/University of Copenhagen (commercial foundations)
- Lecturer at internal and external specialist courses and seminars
- Former lecturer in the subject of mergers and acquisitions at the law school (2003 to 2004)
- Former lecturer in the subject of corporate governance at the University of Copenhagen (2001 to 2004)
- Co-author of "Selskabsretlige forhold for revisorer med fokus på selskabsretlige transaktioner" (Company Law for Auditors, Focusing on Company Law Transactions"), 1st edition, 2013
- Author of various articles etc. on specialist areas
- Partner 2006
- Attorney 1999
- Master of Laws (cand. jur.) from Aarhus University 1996
- Student at the Scandinavian Institute for Maritime Law, Oslo, 1994
- Stagiaire at the European Commission, 1994
- Bachelor of laws (bach.jur.) from Aarhus University 1993
- The Scandinavian languages