Successful presence in the market for feed, grain, fertilizers, seed and horticulture calls for superior knowledge of products, customers and their trading practices. In this area, technological developments in particular provide opportunities for more efficient and sustainable production and distribution. At the same time, considerable structural development has occurred - especially in the market for grain and feed - and an understanding of the commercial drivers is essential.
Our advice is based on strong professional expertise within general commercial law areas, in combination with special insight into the food industry - the products, players, producers and customers and the special mechanisms that apply. Mergers and acquisitions, international cooperation agreements and competition law advice are among our core competencies.
Industry expertise and inter-disciplinary advice give our clients a sound commercial basis for their existing and anticipated market positions within the feed, seed and horticulture segment.
Our areas of advice include:
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Ownership structure and corporate set-up
- Rules governing cooperatives, and taxes
- Competition law regulation, including merger control and abuse of a dominant position
- International cooperation, including exports to foreign markets
- Approvals, permits and other regulatory matters
- Agreements on research, development, sales and other commercial agreements
- Rules on specifically regulated products, including GM crops
- Contact with the relevant authorities
- Marketing new products and ingredients, including labelling requirements
- Patents, plant variety rights, trademarks