The legal rules governing the various forms of transport are extensive and complex, and therefore give rise to countless questions about interpretation.
Our practice group has thorough knowledge of the rules, standard terms and conditions, and practices governing transport-related legal issues, regardless of whether the form of transport in question is sea, air, rail or road. Our knowledge is based on extensive experience built up over many years of handling cases for Danish and foreign cargo and liability insurance companies, including P&I clubs, cargo owners and carriers.
Inevitably, transport is often an international activity, which means that disputes commonly include questions about choice of law and proper venue. Our specialists are familiar with foreign rules and procedure and cooperate with independent, foreign-based specialist lawyers – so that we can quickly provide you with the best advice.
We advise on all types of transport issues, including:
- Load damage claims
- Handling of hull insurance claims, including in the event of damage caused by collision or grounding
- Salvage operations and general average
- Charter parties
- Transport and marine insurance
- Preparation of insurance terms
- Regulatory insurance issues
- Negotiation and drafting of framework agreements for all types of transport and logistics
- International trade, including questions about sales and delivery terms, product insurance, letters of credit and similar
- Advice on customs, VAT, duties and refunds
- Litigation and arbitration in Denmark and abroad
- Questions regarding driving and rest periods and other employment law issues